Monday, October 09, 2006

METS WIN!!!



No I am not a Mets fan. I bleed Dodger blue, more so than that media whore Tommy Lasorda. My man J-Dawg wrote a funny post last week about the Dodgers. I'm not going to talk about the game that much, I have more important things to talk about. But first a little about the game:

There was excitement in the air and people were cheering. It's the playoffs for crying-out-loud, they better. The 4th inning we scored 2 runs and the 5th Jeff Kent hit a 2-run homer with two outs to start a rally. The bases were loaded and Nomar came limping to the plate for a Gibbson-esque moment. It was all for not as he hit a dribbler back to the pitcher. Felt bad for Nomar as he could barely get out of the batter's box.

Enough about the game, let's talk about the fans. All my life I've known the stereotype; Dodger fans show up late and leave early. During the regular season I watch them come in during the 3rd inning and then promptly leave after the stretch. I just ignore them and continue watching the game. So it's the playoffs, we don't get here every year and I think it's going to be different. The fans had no qualms about disappointing me. The game was over in the 7th inning and so were the fans. They began walking out. I started to yell "The game is not over!" The fat lady might have been tuning up, but she was not singing yet. It was a feeble attempt because I knew they weren't going to turn around and sit back down. It’s just disappointing that the stereotype is right.

For all the fans that stuck through the bad times and stayed until the end, there's always next year (isn't that a Cubs line?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home