Monday, October 02, 2006

Great Part Of My Job


Not many weekends can top this one just past. 63 holes in 3 days on 3 of the most amazing golf courses on the west coast. I'll talk about all three in separate posts. This weekend was one of the reasons I like my job. I get to experience amazing things my checkbook wouldn't normally allow me to do.

I arrived to the first tee at Pacific Dunes in Bandon, Oregon at 1:30. About an hour after I touched down in the little logging town of North Bend, Oregon. Apparently there is also a large production of cranberries as well. Well, I get up to the first tee and promptly rip a drive straight down the middle of the fairway with my new R7 460 Taylor Made (that was the first hit ever with that club). Well the fog was so think that I couldn't see the rest of my shots. This was just fine by me because after that first drive, the wheels came off and I was just there to soak it all in. Much drinking and eating followed into the night.

Saturday morning was the first round of the tournament for me. Match play against Len from Seattle. Nice guy, works for Comcast. The course was great, hard fairways, tight lies and lightening greens. All three courses had these characteristics. Len had 5 strokes on me, 3 on the front and 2 on the back. After 4 holes I was down 3. Great start, couldn't hit shit. I pulled back to even by 10 only to go in the tank. The downward spiral started on 11(http://www.bandondunesgolf.com/bt_hole11.cfm). Long par 4 (495 yards), my tee shot ended up left in spotty long grass. I had 230 into the green. Pushed it right and it trickled into the water. My chip shot from the drop was decent and from there 2 putted for a solid 6.

It was a great time, I really didn't care that I lost 4 and 3. The after noon round was at Bandon Dunes. The flagship of the property.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home