Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Bandon Dunes 9/30


So I'm at the first tee on Bandon Dunes and the fun begins. Cash is being thrown down on the tee box, teams are agreed upon and we're off. I get pared up with an 8 handicap and I'm already thinking this guy is going to carry us through the round. I was right. We started off with birdie to win the hole. Even though the other team was getting strokes we, or should I say my partner, were rolling. Birdie after par and back again, this guy was on a roll. 3-Under after 9 and still rolling. On 14 I finally contributed with a par. G-Money was in a bunker 60 yards short of the green after his teen shot. With a chance to save par, his putt rolled to the left edge, took a peak at the bottom of the cup, rolled to the right edge and headed back the way it came. Tough break, but we are smoking these guys and watching G-Mon shoot out of his head was a cool thing to watch.

It was 6:30 or so, the sun was starting to set and we came up on one of the most spectacular holes I have ever played (http://www.bandondunesgolf.com/bandon_hole16.cfm). The hole looked just as it does in the picture. You have tow options; lay up short and have a 125 yard shot over the bushes or take it long with a chip shot to the green. I pull out the 3-Wood for to land it on the upper deck. Bad shot end up below the bushes, but still ok. Flub the next shot and end up with bogey. I didn't care that was a great hole. We finish and every one heads into the bar to settle up and get loaded. It was a fun day, played my best round (although didn't score well). The night consisted of more booze and food.

The next day was back to Pacific Dunes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home